PAGES

Sunday 1 June 2014

CONNOTATIONS OF SPIRITUAL LIFE

Spiritual life is scary to some people these days. They often think it is for some special set of people. When I was much younger, my happiness starts when my dad would go
out and wash the blue Mercedes, check the engine oil, tires and other parts, all for a great Sunday service. I was always so excited to go to church on Sundays because that was when I would get to wear my best clothes and shoes. It was always sunny on Sundays and most times after service
we come back quite tired. It was a day when my dad would always be happy to put our favorite movies and cartoons because during the week, it is like we were forbidden to watch TV programs; the only thing we do is concentrate on our books. Sunday was a day we entertain lots of visitors that always make us laugh and give us snacks or the monetary equivalent. It was like our day off. It was also a day when our mother makes our favorite dish. Oh, Sunday was my best day of the week. The church service was the most exciting part, because that is when I get to see other children or teenagers with new clothes and shoes; and also guys that I had crushes on, I also saw them on Sunday because we all attend the same denomination. But that was many years ago.
I was not the praying type before. I was not even interested in reading the bible. It was only on special occasions where there are problems or motivations from happiness that I will remember to pray to God. I was always spiritual on Sundays and it is always hot in me when the preacher teaches on prosperity. Throughout that day, I am always in high spirits. Every word I say, I include 'God'; "God bless you, dear; I will be there by "God's grace" and so on. But on Monday, it was something different. I hardly remembered what I was thought on Sunday. But I had to learn the hard way, through unpleasant experiences. I had to go through betrayal and unfaithfulness of men for me to understand the faithfulness of God. I had to go through the hatred of men for me to know the love of God. And that was how my life changed. And I came to understand that a good spiritual life is for everybody, it is a daily process, no protocols, and it is an individual choice. Walking with God is a deliberate action you take; it is an effort you make. Most times it is not convenient. Great men that you see today did not have convenient times for prayers. In fact prayers and quiet time work effectively when you do them at times when your body does not feel like it. The Bible says the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. You want to be a good Christian? Yes, but your body is not allowing you. You have to discipline yourself. Nothing happens by magic; things happen if you want them to. Knowing God for yourself is the best, not only what your pastors and preachers tell you in church.



2 comments:

moses said...

This is really true

Unknown said...

"Walking with God is a deliberate action you take". If you wait for your feelings to seek God you might wait forever because in this world are many distractions. What time is it? It is time to seek the Lord.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks