PAGES

Saturday 21 June 2014

WHAT YOU HAVE IS NOT WHO YOU ARE

Contentment is a feeling of satisfaction, fulfillment and happiness. This satisfaction is developed within yourself which nothing or no one else can give you. It is a feeling of not wanting more than you can afford and such feeling last longer than the feeling riches can give. The opposite of contentment is greed. Greedy people always want more, even more than what they can get, most times at the detriment of others. I noticed that this character is common for people that are into fraud and people with other unlovable traits. I was talking with a guy who was into fraud; I asked him, "how did you feel when you disguise yourself as someone else and collect money from people?” He said to me “I knew that I was hurting them, In fact I knew that some of them paid me with their last dime, but you know, money could never be enough. I always wanted more. So it is not something I could stop easily most especially when I saw how quick I made it".
What we have is not who we are. That is why many people depend on others to make them rich instead of depending on the source of all wealth. Some of us have made other people our standard and has set a limit to what we are supposed to achieve in life as individuals. There is nothing that anyone can give that you cannot achieve for yourself. So many people have done things that are against their principles because of money or other material things. What stops us from working hard and asking God to bless the work of our hands for us to get those things that we want? I have seen situations where some ladies who actually have the money to sustain themselves, sleep with guys simply because those guys own a ride. And I ask myself, if they want to feel like they have some class in the society and they do not want to stroll down to school or wherever they want to go, why won’t they take a cab? Why will they sleep with guys they would not want to have anything to do with, just because they own cars? In Psalm 82:6, the Bible says that "We are gods". It means that our thinking faculty cannot be limited. We have all the potentials and talents to make us rich and God is in the business of making people rich. If we use all our talents and potentials for Him, He will multiply it and give it back to us.
Contentment starts from within. If you do not have a high self-esteem and believe in yourself that you can achieve your goals, you will help others achieve theirs and you will fall for anything that comes your way.



No comments:

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks